Monday 30 May 2011

The deed is done.....


It was no good...the wheelbarrow called me all day and so I finally succumbed and tore up a wonderful OCS and soaked it in copious amounts of vinegar and water, grabbed a pair or purple gloves and set off with the dog in tow. The wheelbarrow was waiting
I had hidden the barrow in amongst the sapling trees and was desperately hoping no-one would catch me 'doing the deed!' There are not many of us who really, really understand like you do!

First, I wrapped the handles with strips of the cotton.....


and then covered the whole of the bottom of the barrow. I tipped the rest of the vinegar solution over the top....

and then wrapped the whole lot in black plastic bin bags to allow it to sweat away and speed the rusting process. Oh it is so exiterating! I'm going to have to be patient....I want this fabric to be really rich and rusted and that requires patience which I do not possess! Oh dear. Keep watching....I shall uncover it in the next couple of days!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Marg said...

Very clandestine!
Love the shots of you looking secretive and up to no good in the bushes.
Good luck, everything crossed for a wondrous result.

ShabbyChicShaz said...

lol, totally understand. How exciting, can't wait to see the results :)

Zue said...

Not sure what OCS is but I can't wait to see the rusting results!
Sue xx of little imperfections

dandelion dreamer said...

OCS is my name old cotton sheet as I use them ALL the time and it takes ages to type it out!! Lazy me. M x

Sandra Rowney said...

I guessed it...Old Cotton Sheet...Ha!....I'm interested to see what it looks like. Lucky you playing in the bushes, Open Studio has taken over here in Norwich. No rain yet though.

Sandie said...

Only just had time to catch up on visiting your blog and what fun you have been having!! I love how you create your wonderful fabric designs. Good talking to you this morning.