Tuesday 15 March 2011

Catching up

Oh so much to write about and so little time. Appologies to my online friends that I’ve not been visiting for a while. I’ve been away at Belstead yet again although this time was a retreat….although I was busy working on my card designs. This blue fragmented picture will probably end up as a card at some point. It was made from confetti fabric painstakingly chopped up scraps of hand dyed fabrics!

My mum fell in love with this picture made using her hand made lace carefully unpicked off a set of Christmas mats!
I was asked to make a ‘sorry’ card by Lindsey who had arrived late for a hairdressing appointment and wanted to send a card to appologise. It was fun talking about colours but as everyone pointed out, men don’t say ‘sorry’ so it ended up girly pink. (Not shown here)


Diana suggested a card for twins and here is my take on it. It was fun to make but I was not sure about the colours and then thought maybe I should have made both prams the same colour!

I also made two Hogwart’s cloaks for hope and Grace from the most sumptuous padded, machine embroidered velvet I slaved over them for ages and then added lovely wide, black satin ties and Grace announced it is TOO HEAVY!!!!! Bother!



The girls came for Breakfast Club today…they were so keen they wer4e on the doorstep at 7.03 this morning, in time to see Grandad having his breakfast! It gave us a full hour of play and today we made pom poms using wizzy gadgets that flip open and allow you to wrap the yarn around them. They were very successful and great fun to use. Here is Hope giving my 'demo' pom pom a very, very VERY big haircut! I seem to have got these piuctures in the wrong order. Sorry!


The girls came for Breakfast Club today…they were so keen they were on the doorstep at 7.03 this morning, in time to see Grandad having his breakfast! It gave us a full hour of play and today we made pom poms using wizzy gadgets that flip open and allow you to wrap the yarn around them. They were very successful and great fun to use.


Then it was time for me and painted lots of Bondaweb for future projects.....
with very satisfying results. Can't WAIT to play with them.....but first there was work to be done!
I spent my morning making cards and THEN got a big surprise when the phone rang and I landed an order for 150 of my cards…. of MY CHOICE for a shop I called on last week when we were away in Coggleshall. If only I could fulfil it but I have a big problem with 1000 badly made envelopes that I dare not use so my cards are building up, waiting to be bagged up when I get more supplies of envelopes. Here is the backlog! 
Things are looking up...maybe my card business will take off after all  

5 comments:

Sandie said...

You have been busy as always. I've not seen the pom pom gadget, where did you buy it?
Well done on getting more card orders! You are doing really well and it is going in the direction you wanted. Can you see me clapping?! :)

Zue said...

You have been so busy.
I love everything I see.
The prams are best in different colours as I believe twins are two very individual people.
And, your business is booming...well done to you , Moira.
You are definiteley a woman of many talents.

Sue xxx

Zue said...

And a successful one!!!

dandelion dreamer said...

Thank you both for your lovely comments. I shall be visiting your blogs soon. Busy getting card orders out at the moment! The pom pom gadget is made by Clover and comes in different sizes Sandie

Sandra Rowney said...

Hoorah, time now to catching up with your bloggy news today now that my exhibition is rolling! So glad to see the cards doing so well and the designs flowing.