Wednesday 2 June 2010

Adding the next layer....


These pictures are old photos of my mum and my aunt. I made these card toppers but I found they did not sell and so I decided....I couldn't BEAR to throw them out...(sounds familiar?) so....they have formed the first layer on the canvas


I slapped plenty of PVA onto them and stuck them onto the white painted canvas from a few days ago....
in an attempt to cover up the past....

Here is the picture so far...I added a layer of tissue paper too and more PVA glue. I shall have to think what I am going to do next....trouble is....the sun is shining here in Cambridge and I can hear the garden calling!


I had fun adding machine embroidery to this yesterday along with appliqued words. It was a piece of mon-printed cloth I made on a screen print school a couple of years ago. Today I shall add a few beads and sequins and re-post it later
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Veronika said...

Hello fellow classmate, found your blog link on Kelly's class, came over to check out your site and really liked your work. I hope you continue to pursue your dream, from what I can see here you've got what it takes :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea to put those cure girls onto canvas - love the way that's looking. Claire.

JanHosford said...

Oh I just love this idea - I think I may use it as inspiration to make a birthday card for my mom later this month - she adores angels!!!