Sunday 18 April 2010

The 'Faces' update


It was time for a spot more pruning on our 'faces' a family of trees in the field next to our house where far too many sycamore trees have planted themselves willy nilly! No need to get precious about them...there were simply far too many so the conversion of a few seemed harmless enough.
I never post pictures of my grnadchildren's faces so you cant get an idea of scale. I shall have to re-take the pictures with me in them! some are surprisingly tall

Each one was named when we first made them.....unfortunately I can't remember any name other than Bluebell, but somewhere, deep in my computer is a litle snippet of video I took when we were doing it and when they named each one...I love the character of this one with her curls!



This one seems to have horns....

and this tree has turned into a mouse. A HUGE mouse I must add!
I have no idea what will happen as the trees grow...it is fun to watch them changing.

And to change the subject completely, I have decided that I need to have the experience of a fake tan. 'Fake Bake' I am told is very good although you look like a chimney sweep for 24 hours so I am going to have to pluck up the courage before I have a go. I never lie in the sun any more as my skin is so damaged from years of sunbathing in the past. Will report back when I dare to do it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cynthia L. said...

I like what you did with the trees! That is a really cute idea. I have never heard of fake bake - is it like a spray on tan? I am a very white girl and when I try to get sun, I turn red, red, red! When the red goes away, I am white again! I give up!

dandelion dreamer said...

Hee hee! I don't know how fake bake is done eoither! I hope I am not oven baked but will report back when I have plucked up the courage to have it done