The colours of these pictures is awful I'm afraid. I have no idea why they both look so different
I have so many bits and pieces left from doing City and Guilds patchwork and quilting that it will probably take me a lifetime to use them all up. I found this woven piece when I was hunting for something else challenged myself to make use of it somehow!
I was going to use short stem and add a vase but decided to go for long ones instead
I appliqued this in layers, starting with the top row of tulip heads and their stems. I added the second row, more stems and finally, the leaves too. All very rough and ready but fun to do. I found it difficult to stitch through parts of this because of the woven background but at least I have USED IT UP!
I think I shall add a tie wrap or bow. I'm not sure. I'll re-visit it again soon