I made the background for Hope's quilt last year from fabrics I had in stock and really didn't like it much at all so I decided to use it as a background for something mre exciting so I added some fairy appliques to it and here it is in production.
Each fairy has different patterning on her wings which were made from a crystal organza and they all have different hairstyles and faces. Faces, I have decided, are DIFFICULT!!!!!
There are 5 fairies and each one has a lovely saying machined around it. I am busy adding beads and sequins to it at the moment. Hope's 7th birthday is on the 4th Feb so not much time left. At least I have bound it so all I have left to do is the embellishment. Great fun! I just hope she likes it. I think there may be trouble from little Gracie who is just 5 but I have made the background for a quilt for her so it will have to be this year's project when I am next at Belstead.
I have had these heliographic fabrics for many years and looked at them over and over wondering what I should do with them. When they were laid out on a black floor recently, (above) Elaine said they would look good with black sashing between them so they are now machined onto a black background (a black sheet from Asda....poly cotton but never mind....fine value!) and I have wadded and bound it but not yet decided how I am going to quilt it. Oh dear.....another UFO!