Monday 23 March 2009

At last! I have found time to post. I have spent the day in London on an asthma study day for the diploma I am doing (300 hours of study required!) Ah well....professional development and all that stuff. It was a brilliant day even though it meant getting up at 5.40 this morning.

I had a disaster last week and STUPIDLY fell off my bike on the way to work and hurt my thumb badly which put me out of action for a few days. I wasn't even cycling at the time. I had walked over the bridge, went to get back on my bike and my foot slipped and I put out my hand to save myself...grrrrr.....At least I can pull up my pants now it is on the mend!

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for a 12 week weight loss study funded by Coca Cola and run by the MRC. I was accepted and today of ALL days was day one. It involves daily input to a website for recording calorie intake, activity, weight loss lesson etc and is going to take up quite a bit of my time. I'm struggling trying to get my head around the online food diary. Ah well....maybe I'll lose a stone. (That is my plan.) The down side is having to drink three cans of cola A DAY! it contains green tea extract, soluble fibre and caffeine. I am not allowed any other caffeine....I'm not sure I will last the 12 weeks. Drinking so much cola a day is bizarre bit I will give it my all and hope I get results.

No comments: