It is day one and I thought it would be fun to share the making of my
don't forget to drop the dogs' quilt. It was a delightfully messy process, has taken me weeks and is still not quite finished. It did make me finally get ot grips with my new sewing machine though
The background was microwave dyed and ended up very splattery looking. The powder had not dissolved completely before the cooking process. Result...interesting..... As most of it was not going to be seen I decided it did not matter one iota!
I added two strips of white for the shelving.......
then set to work adding the colourful jars of hand dyed fabrics.......
behind acetate! This was tricky and made the whole quilt ridiculously difficult to work on later as it could not be folded!! Masking tape held it in place as I stitched
a few 'metal' pots were added.....I only allowed the Bondaweb to stick the pieces around the edges
then I stiched around leaving gaps at the top.....
for the brushes, rulers and my old, left handed scissors.
Oh they don't make them like they used to you know. Wilkinson Sword scissors are now totally left handed meaning oldies like me cannot use then any more!
The rulers are made from oiled brown paper.....
The work area is completely out of proportion and pretty randon.....
and Mavis is wearing earrings from a Christmas cracker! LOL
Her dress was printed with funky foam shapes
The other poor dog dreading taking his turn
The Cambridge Quilters show starts on Friday and I still have so much to do. I'm busy making weaving kits to sell so will be buring the midnight oil a few times this week!