I have been having a great time at St Barnabus press printing out a variety of pieces...(look at my past entries to get an idea of what I've been up to). Here, I am having a go at lino printing onto fabric...old cotton sheeting to be precise. I did the same design a few weeks ago in black, onto card but thought it would be fun to make fabric prints so I can machine embroider onto them and make them into bags, cushion covers, book covers etc
The equipment here is fabulous, some of it dating back 100's of years. I think this one is dated 1854
It is a very messy procedure and the printing ink is like treacle!...eventually, the roller gets coated.....
and you can run it over the lino cut. I did this several times as I found I needed quite a bit of ink to get a good result on the fabric
I draped them all around the place....
then I decided it would be fun to have a go at printing onto black card and here is the result. I wanted to see if it would work on dark material but I had none with me. I guess from looking at this that it would work
This picture seems a bit random! (One picture has gone missing. It was of me sitting on the bed in a B&B where I have been in Southend for the Ladder Club seminar for people new to the card making industry.)
I suspect that this chair leg has suffered from years and years of hoover abuse....it amused me that both legs looked so bashed up but the room was OK.
I came away with so much knowledge about the card industry....now all I have to do is put it all into practice!
And finally...Janice Gunner gave a workshop at Comberton on Saturday using indigo dyed fabrics and this is my work in progress. I have used three blue printining images...two of them are of my granddaughters Hope and Grace. The brown fabric is a gorgeous piece of rusted material using an old chain I picked up in Harrowgate a while ago
That's all for now. I'll be back eventually...I'm off to Belstead at the weekend teaching embellishements for scrapbooking so busy week ahead!