Sunday 15 August 2010

Mini scrap books and courgette cake!

I started the morning by making 7 very simple little paper mazes to sell at the Country Market this week. I have been asked to sell at the Tomato Fair and also at the Quy Fair so fingers crossed. The cards have been selling very well.
these books are covered in 'altered' papers....grotty paper which I have rollered roughly with white emulsion and then stamped lightly. Liz suggested that I needed to make some baby boy books
While Claire is away I've been looking after the allotment and this was my harvest on Friday. I made a fabby courgette cake thanks to Paula Hollick (Olde Troute extraodinaire!)

This is the recipe she gave me:
Courgette Bread (Boring....change the name QUICK! cake sounds so much better!)
12 oz plain flour
12 oz caster sugar
1.5 level tabs baking powder
1 level teasp salt
6 oz shelled chopped walnuts (I didn't have any so used 2 oz of toasted pecan nuts and it was divine!)
Mix the above ingedients together.....
Then, mix the following in a separate bowl....
4 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 pint veg oil
12 oz courgettes grated (I just used part of a 'nearly marrow' and it was fine!)
2 teasp grated lemon rind (I used the rind of a whole lemon...why mess about?)

Grease 2 x 1 1/2 lb loaf tins (I used one HUGE cake tin lined with silicone circle as I wanted to make a cake, not a loaf!)
Mix everything together and place in tins into oven at 180 (350) for 1 hour. I baked mine in a fan oven at 170 for 1 hours Cool for 10 mins then turn out

We went ot Lizzie and Liam's wedding last night and I ADORED her sweet shop. Pity it is a poor picture but me idea of heaven! There are even tiny stamped bags to put your sweeties in. FUN!!!

4 comments:

Sandie said...

Your mini scrap books are lovely. I see what you mean about altering pages you don't like, or want to adapt. I can see me trying this out quite soon!
Will be trying out the courgette cake recipe. Will let you know how it turns out.

Sandie said...

I mentioned I had made some mini albums for baby boys. Here's a link if you want to see them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arty-san/4648761408/in/set-72157624156752022/

Look forward to seeing some more of your albums & cards and good luck with selling them :)

Unknown said...

Your veggies look yummy! That carrot cracks me up, it looks like it is hugging itself!

Love your scrp books.

Good luck at the fairs.

dandelion dreamer said...

thanks for the link Sandie. The book looks super. I am selling mine so simply a paper maze inside.
Cynthia...thanks for your best wishes!