Wednesday 19 August 2009

Inspire Me Thursday Pink and Orange


This is the pink and orange sunset tonight. We had just heard an old friend had died so we went on a circular walk to Westwick and enjoyed the sunset.
This picture has not captured it well but I love the colours

This is my REAL pink and orange offering for IMT. The curtain hanging over the shelved area was a piece of fabric I screen printed last year and was really pleased with. I didn't want to cut it up but had no idea what to do with it but when I did my studio makeover I came across it and found the perfect use for it!

I used paper stencils for the flowers and used talc resisit for the flower centres. sorry there is no close up but you can click to enlarge the picture. Maybe I'll post a close up another day. It's pink, red, orange and yellow.

At last my studio is neat and tidy with everything to hand. It is such fun to work in now but it is TOO HOT! Roll on some cooler weather so I can play all day without cooking

The shelving units are from Ikea. The are SO cheap but such a great storage solution. I love all the sweet jars filled with hand dyed fabric in the CD towers. They are a perfect fit!
Watch this space for some creative makes. I have no excuses now
Posted by Picasa

No comments: