I made this picture by throwing an assortment of old needlework bits onto the scanner bed. My friend Harriet loved it and challenged us both to print it onto fabric and embellish it in any way we wanted. The deadline was 31st January. Mmmm...didn't quite make it! I had finished sewing on beads and buttons but had not mounted it.
I had no set idea what I was going to do with it but it did occur to me that I could use it as a pocket on a bag. I could just put a sleeve on it and hang it on the wall. Either way, it is finished now and looks better in real life than this picture!
Today, I walked Rosie with my jacket undone for the first time as it is so mild. The birds are singing madly and Spring really is making her mark. Maybe tomorrow I shall dispense with the thick black tights I have been wearing all winter under my jeans to keep the cold at bay. I have a busy day ahead of me. I'm teaching scrapbooking 'focus on pop-ups' at Belstead House next weekend and I need to make lots of fun and colourful samples to inspire everyone to have a go. I hope to get several made and catch up with some of my scrapbooking projects at the same time.