Thursday 1 January 2009











Happy New Year! We had a great night at the Boat Club last night....far too much to eat and drink but TODAY I am back on track Plan...lose 1 stone! I threw some butternut squash, onions and garlic into the oven to roast to make a soup while I made a cover for my new dairy.

Here it is. My inspiration was my dad and the 'C' class canoe plans he drew in 1948 and was working on when he and mum met. He died in 1965 after a 4 1/2 year illness and we moved from Scotland down to Cambridge in England. Little of his survives and what does belongs to my brother. I thought it would be fun to try and get hold of a copy of the plans and I was amazed to find people who not only knew dad but had built the boat. Within two weeks of contact, a set of plans arrived compliments of the Loch Lomond Sailing Club. I cried!!!

I had the plans copied, reduced and also scanned onto a disk so I can print off bits any size. The starting point for the diary was paper fabric I made recently using prints for the plans along with copies of dad sailing. I tinted the paper fabric with brown and blue. The photos were laminated to protect them in my handbag....the diary has to survive a YEAR! I added some wonderful vintage buttons given to me for Christmas by a very dear, old friend. The ICR stand for Ian Campbell Robertson; my dad. I just LOVE the fact his signature is on the plans too and have enlarged it to use on a scrapbook album cover I plan to make of memories of my dad.

No comments: