Thursday 15 January 2009

Belstead Makes:


Make a wish!




A bookmark made with both sides of paperfabric (this paper made by my grandaughter when she was three. I LOVE the fact she added silver glitter to it) It is machine embroidered over tulle to give some protection to the delicate surface


Oak leaf challenge!
We all walked to Belstead Brook after lunch on Tuesday 13th. The oak trees are magnificent and the leaves ENORMOUS! We had a challenge to create a piece using a single leaf. Here is mine. As leaves flutter to the ground it seemed appropriate to add wings and the words 'spread your wings and fly' especially as I have just ordered Kelly Rae's book. It had not arrived before I went to Belstead, where we all meet and do just that!

This coffee tin is going to become a 'scrapbook tin' of my early life. Paperfabric has been covered with photos, rusty fabric scraps and machine stitching. Old pearl buttons were sewn on and the cover 'laced' onto the tin . I hope to fill it with tags, all decorated in different ways as a teaching sample for my next class
Posted by Picasa

No comments: