Saturday 9 October 2010

Hunstanton.....a perfect day

After last week's beachcombing session I finally got round to quickly drilling this little peice of driftwood and sticking him onto Hope's pebble. He looks like he has trodden in a puddle of glue....must do something about that!




Hope and Grace come here for breakfast and Tuesdays and we have a little breakfast club before school....this week we played with our beachcombings and other bits and pieces....there are always plenty of conkers kicking around at this time of year too. The legs are from my jar of rusty nails...you never know when you're going to need one! The wings are left over from my 'salt dough angel' days...

I love the assemblages both of them made....I wish I had thought to give them coloured card to work on then I could have photographed them and made them their own cards. Ah well....next time!

              Playing gooseberry!


We went down to Hunstanton for a couple of days and yesterday the weather was totally perfect. The sea was calm and there was not a breath of wind. We walked miles and took quite a few pictures.....here are a couple to show just how perfect the weather was.....

The sand dunes have built up around the beach huts over the years and now many of them have no view of the sea at all!
The tide was going out and there wasn't a breath of wind...normally it is 10 degrees colder on the coast...
Tony caught me taking a few close ups of this shipwreck....I love all the rust and decay and the tiny micro environment in each little puddle of seawater...tiny fish darting about....
The perfect end to a wonderful day....I love going away for a night....I just wish we could do it more often

I'm really looking forward to a creative week next week....I have plenty of new card ideas to think about and to get a little closer to opening my Etsy shop....

PS...Had a great evening on Thursday at 'It's Craftingtime'...meeting some really creative people and their blogs. Will post links next time


1 comment:

Scrappi Sandi said...

Hi Moira! Thanks for dropping by my blog & leaving kind words! Great to meet you too & I love your blog...that looks like a fab day out at Hunstanton...I'm quite inspired to visit myself!! Hope to see you next time at Crafting Time! Sandi :)