I have NO idea what happened to the post I uploaded yesterday so having another go at it! I wanted to make some curtains for my grandaughters bedroom but was rather horrified at the cost, especially when I found that the fabric I REALLY liked was £56.00 per metre! Tony had an epifit!!!!
I settled on calico.....here it is taped to a base of blanket and PVC coated fabric....perfect for printing on
I have never tackled anything on this scale before and was a bit concerned about registration of the design so spent AGES taping a grid 50cm square. I decided that this was a very expesive way of doing in and ended up usng string taped across at regular intervals instead. Here I have printed the green stems for the flowrrs that the girls designed
Next I printed on cupcakes and the Hope's 'Butterhearts' and added pale lilac wings. I immediately sprinkled on fine glitter in the hope it will add a little sparkle.I realise as I write this I have not uploaded the right pictures showing the wings. OPh well, when they are finished I shall take another picture
The fabric so far. I have made two curtains like this and have 2 more to go. The next ones need to be printed the same as the second row so I get a matching pattern. I'm not used to having to think about repeat patterns....making my brain ache!
Oncce I have got the other two curtains printed I shall add more details to this with a few gems and small flowers in between the existing designs. And the cupckaes need cherries of course....anbd a few sprinkles.
Yes.....these curtains are far from finished!