Wednesday 24 February 2010

Book Cover and backgrounds

It is now day 24 of 'thing a day' and it is quite an affort to keep up with the daily posting. I do find it a great incentive and when it is over I hope to find another inspirational blog to promt me into action.
I love the sense of community and knowing that out there are so many people jsu like me who are driven to be creative and share my love of colour.
Today, I decided to make a book cover from the tissue paper pizza I made on Monday.
I added a few beads and sequins and then used hot glue to apply it to the
hard backed book.
I have also been having fun preparing some backgrounds for future projects.
I painted plain brown paper with cooking oil (tip from Valerie Campbell
Harding) It looks awful at this stage but it makes a wonderful background
once it is printed. I will show it later. I have also been dyeing some
pelvet vilene using acrylic inks. Again for a future project.

Posted via email from fallenangel's posterous

No comments: