Tuesday 10 March 2009

Printing, stamping, machining and hand sewing


Claire has asked me to make her two girls a quilt for their rooms. I have a huge stash of fabric and I'm determined not to buy any more so I must print what extra I need! Here are my little printing blocks ready to to take to Belstead this weekend unless I have time to print it before I go. I have a pile of white cotton sheets from the local charity shop which are perfect for dyeing and printing.


Hope is 6 and she did the machine stitching around this heart. She has chosen to sew on pink and mauve buttons for my collection of old buttons and on the left side she is going to sew on tiny sequin flowers held in place with seed beads.


Grace (age 4) printed the background fabric and then machined on the heart and the flower. She has started to decorate it with seed beads and sequins. I think this project is going to take a LONG TIME to complete!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: